Little “nuggets” of news from the “rap” “game” this week:
- Petey Pablo got arrested in an airport in North Carolina for possession of a firearm. The weapon was concealed and STOLEN! SMH.
- Lil Boosie pleads his case, specifically that the charges against him are part of a complex conspiracy against hip hop. Nah homie, it’s against black men. Welcome to reality, American style.
- 50 Cent beefed it up with GLAAD this past week. GLAAD called out Fitty on a tweet where he cites something about Perez Hilton and shooting up a gay wedding. Yeah, and?
- On the homosexual tip. Nicki Minaj came out and said that there a plenty of gay rappers, they simply reside in closets. True true, the Busta Rhymes rumor comes to mind.
- T.I. appears to be losing his first endorsement deal on account of his recent arrest in West Hollywood. Axe body spray. The pun is too good, you got axed homie!
- Jay-Z and Eminem pulled off a successful performance at Yankee Stadium this week. Reviews have been mixed, but overall, they did well.
- Snoop Dogg will be the first ever hip hop act on the Rock Band video game roster. That’s a dope look. Having ‘Sensual Seduction’ as one of the tracks, not so much.