Mr Nasir Jones and Gary Clark Jr have been tapped to provide a portion of the soundtrack for ESPN’s coverage of the 2012 NFL draft this upcoming week (April 26th-28th). I knew Nas was an NFL fan, you can catch him rocking that Giants hat on the regular, however, he must be getting laced with some special pigskins, considering he seemed overly emboldened about the corporate deal , quote: “It’s why we never miss a game, even a play. Props to the NFL and ESPN for keeping us hooked on professional football all year round.” Somebody’s been sipping the Madden juice. As for Gary Clark Jr, I can’t get past the fact that he reminds me of Cody Chestnutt, who by the way is making moves again. But all in all, it’s a typical selection for a conservative corporation, you choose a stalwart with a massive fan base (Nas) and one artist with an obvious trajectory to soon-to-be stardom (Gary Clark Jr), that’s called covering your bases, well done Mothership.
The following tracks (along with an upcoming Nas track called “Train) will be featured during highlight packages on draft days:
ZIF mock draft (top 10 picks) after the jump.
- Colts—Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
- Redskins—Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
- Vikings—Matt Kalil, T, USC
- Browns—Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
- Buccaneers—Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
- Rams—Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
- Jaguars—Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
- Dolphins—Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
- Panthers – Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
- Bills —Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame