1. If you have a soul, you stopped listening to The Black Eyed Peas somewhere after Bridging The Gap and the release of Elephunk. Without a doubt, everyone at some point has had their fill of the global pop group. Needless to say that Will.I.Am is the braintrust and one true talent of the bunch, yet he’s been equally annoying in his existence, plus he produces for terrible acts. Well, apparently NASA disagrees with everything I just said. About half and hour ago they blasted Will.I.Am’s new single ” Reach for the Stars” via the Mars Rover to pretty much the whole galaxy I’m assuming. Here’s the official link to NASA’s press release about it all, plus some live streaming of the event. Galactic fail if you ask me. The picture, not so official.
2. Falside, a name we haven’t uttered on ZIF for a minute now. Well, that sure hasn’t stopped him from pumping out dope product quicker than your favorite burger chain. If there’s a beatsmith who has put out more quality beat tapes over the last 3 years, I have not stumbled across he/she. This track is off his “Strictly Streaming” series, nice concept, better beat.
3. Local dope: When you think of South LA rappers, you’re bound to get stuck on the TDE train (Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar). Skeme is a rapper from Inglewood that has been on my radar since I moved here half a decade ago, known for his knockabout rhymes with an equally smooth flow, could we looking at the next TDE addition? Perhaps, as for now, here’s a collab off his Alive & Living album out on October 16th with “LA Diddy”, Schoolboy Q. THC produced, light it up.
4. When old music is new sounds. Sean Price is a sporadically minded artist, constantly putting out videos, interviews, and music that can be labelled random often. Needless to say when I saw that he had released a pack of “new sounds” via his SoundCloud, I had my suspicions. The music isn’t new, P explained on Twitter it’s actually old material that has been lying around. He also went on to say it has made him excited about the prospects of dropping a new LP. Sweet. After months of letting Duck Down release his music, he hooked up his own SoundCloud page, check it often for new and “new” music.
5. I’ve said this once, and I’ll say it again. The Doppelgangaz are the most underrated rap act out of NYC. Here is another video, the final one, promoting their project Beats for Brothels, Vol. 2. Stream the album, and pre-order below the video. Stop saying I don’t give you the what’s what, here it be.